19.11.2005 04:35 - The Loss of Innocence
A catalogue of major disappointments in my life, so far.
- Finding out that Readybrek didn't make you glow like in the advert.
- Attempting to stretch a pound note (I'm really showing my age on this one) and finding they weren't as elastic as in the poundstretcher advert.
- Being unable to enter a different reality via my wardrobe.
- Attempting a similar trick with a looking-glass, and narrowly avoiding stitches.
- Discovering Archaeologists were nothing like Indiana Jones.
- Cancellation of manned space exploration programmes.
- Discovering that Santa at the Co-op was an impostor with a blatantly fake beard and false padding, and being gagged and smuggled out by my mother and a shop assistant when I tried to tell the other kids we were being hoodwinked.
- The complete failure of science and industry to provide the public with personal hoverpacks by the year 2000.
- "Let It Be"
- The 1980s.
- Home Espresso machines. (This one is quite recent)
- Microsoft Windows.