26.01.2006 22:55 - Coming Soon To A Bookstore Near You in 3000 Years Time
"Captain's Log : Supplemental"
By Albert Glodmann XIV
The five-year mission of the U.S.S. Enterprise, commanded by Captain James T. Kirk, is the stuff of legend. The logs are required reading for all student entering Starfleet Academy.
But what about the "other" logs - the ones never meant for public consumption? What about the untold stories behind Lt. Lee Kelso, Commander Gary Mitchell, Christopher Pike and any number of Security personnel?
Albert Glodmann goes behind the scenes of the U.S.S. Enterprise, using the personal diaries of Captain Kirk, Chief Medical Officer Leonard McCoy, and Commander Spock to show a different side of Kirk, a man obsessed with the rank of Captain as a measure of his own virility.. Glodmann reveals :
* How Kirk deliberately stranded the crew of "S.S. Botany Bay" on the unstable planet Ceti Alpha V.
* Kirk's life-long racism and his personal vendetta against Klingons.
* Numerous breaches of the Starfleet Prime Directive, conveniently "brushed under the carpet" with the aid of his Science and Medical officers.
* The total extinction of the native tribes of Gamma Triangularis.
* Numerous "unsuitable" liasions with crew members, passengers and other races.
* The truth behind the "missing in action" crewmembers.
* Kirk's blatant use of rank and the V'ger emergency to regain command of the Enterprise.
* The tragic losses of Commodore Matt Decker, father of 'replaced' Captain of the Enterprise, Willard Decker, both listed as 'missing in action' by Kirk.
Glodmann paints a very different picture to that of the Starfleet Hero : A man dangerously out of control, drunk with the power of starship command.
"Absolute Rubbish." - Jean-Luc Picard
"Everyone's entitled to their opinion" - Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott
"THE KIRK-UNIT LIED. THE KIRK-UNIT PRETENDED TO BE MY FATHER." - Nomad
Puckett Books 1.75 Federation Credits.
Also Available : 1001 Temporal Anomaly-Based Excuses For Breaching The Prime Directive by Admiral Catherine Janeway.